We are now looking for a Firmware Engineer to join our team and work full-time out of our facility in Brookfield, CT.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate as an embedded systems firmware engineer
- Add new features, and maintain firmware for Bluetooth enabled motor control systems
- Add new features and maintain firmware for Bluetooth enabled manufacturing apps
- Adhere to medical device software development standards and best practices
- Create and maintain design control documentation such as requirements documents, architecture and design documents.
- Support the QA team with any test case needs, fixtures, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related technical field.
- 4 years of experience in embedded firmware development in the FDA regulated medical device field (or other regulated field, such as aerospace, DOD)
- Experience working within the IEC 62304 SDLC standard, exposure to Agile methodologies using AAMI TIR45, and Risk Management with ISO 14971.
- Working collaboratively within software teams, demonstrating high quality work with compliance to regulatory standards.
- Proficient in C/C++ and Assembly
- A solid understanding of digital electronics
- Experience with RTOSs especially FreeRTOS
- Experience with ARM Cortex M series MCUs
- Experience with Bluetooth (especially Nordic chips)
- Experience with variety of interfaces including CAN, SPI, I2C, UART
- Experience with motor control especially BLDC motors
We are looking for a high-energy individual with a positive attitude and team-oriented approach to work. Must become passionate about our mission and be driven to see our company succeed. We are a young company with tremendous growth opportunities. Join us and be a part of a team that is making a difference in millions of peoples’ lives and working along with brilliant and hard-working colleagues.