We’re looking for a full-time Senior Android Developer with hands-on and Bluetooth experience to join our team.
We’re looking for in a Senior Android Developer with:
- A proven track record of successfully delivering multiple iterations of Android apps to the publicwith rave reviews
- A strong foundation of object-oriented programming skills and deep familiarity with computerscience topics including data structures and algorithms
- Ability to keep up with rapidly changing platforms and awareness of the latest advances on theAndroid platform
- A keen sense of the risks, rewards and trade-offs when making technical decisions
- Mentorship and guidance to other developers
- Love of a self-organizing, agile software development team and enthusiasm for Scrum rituals
- Ability to Identify opportunities to improve the team’s processes and practices
- Understanding of the importance of selling your ideas and building consensus within the teamand the company
- Enjoyment of close collaboration, both within and outside the team
- Total ownership over the quality of their work and fluency in development practices that minimizebugs, through UI testing and unit testing.
- Sense for good UX practices and knowledge of Material design patterns as well as fully customfeatures/views. Further, enjoys working with our UX team to create experiences that delight ourusers
- Able to oversee a feature or deliverable to its high-quality completion with little to no oversight.
- Desire and ability to jump right in on our existing app and help out
- Bluetooth development is something you can do in your sleep
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- 6+ years of experience as a hands-on developer, with 2+ years on the Android platform
- Proven expertise in Java, Kotlin, Android SDK with a mastery of patterns and frameworks usedon the Android platform including data persistence, Fragments, Map APIs, and Google PlayServices.
- Experience writing apps that support a wide variety of Android devices.
- Experience writing clients for RESTful web services
- Experience in Agile environments using XP, Scrum or Kanban methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree (MIS or Computer Science emphasis) or equivalent experience
- Experience with some of the following: RxJava and dagger2
- Knowledge of test automation technologies for Android including JUnit and EspressoBehaviors
- Leads by example and exemplifies our values (effectiveness, authenticity, passion) in actions andbehaviors.
- Superb communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exhibits tact and proper judgment under pressure and in sensitive situations.
- Desire to learn and a “quick study” with new concepts, systems, and technologies
- Self-starting, self-directed, and open to coaching/feedback
- Exceptional presentation skills for any audience.
- Uses independent judgment to plan, organize, and prioritize workload.